Region X, also referred to as Northern Mindanao region, is comprised of five provinces, two highly urbanized cities, and an island-province. Cagayan de Oro is the designated regional center.
Best Time to Visit
For the best combination of agreeable temperatures of around 27° C (80° F) and as little rain as possible, the best time to visit this region is between February and March. The first months of dry season can still be rainy, while the last months are usually pretty hot and humid.
Area: 20,496.02 km² (7,913.5 mi²)
Regional Center: Cagayan de Oro
REGION 10 – Northern Mindanao
|PROVINCE||LAND AREA KM2||POPULATION|
|Lanao del Norte||4,160||1,019,013|
Cities: (9) Cagayan de Oro; El Salvador; Gingoog; Iligan; Malaybalay; Oroquieta; Ozamiz; Tangub; Valencia
- Crops (Palay, Corn, Banana, Coconut, Coffee)
- Food Processing
- Mass Transportation Operation
- Minerals (Chromite)
The best way to get to Northern Mindanao Region depends on where you’re traveling from and your budget.
The fastest and most convenient method of travel a far distance in the Philippines is most often by plane, however in some cases, traveling by sea or land may be a better option and more cost-effective.
Use the following online service to determine the various transportation options available to you based on your point of departure.
The following are the modes of transportation available in this region.
Use the chart below to get an idea of how much to budget daily. Actual amounts will depend on YOUR travel style. Keep in mind these are daily averages … some days you’ll spend more, some days you’ll spend less. Prices are in USD.
BEST NO-FEE INTERNATIONAL CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
SEE & DO
- Bora Soda Spring
- Cotta Fort El Triunfo
- Dahilayan Adventure Park/Forest Park
- Duka Bay:Medina
- Gardens of Malasag Mountain
- Initao-Libertad Protected Seascape and Landscape
- Lake Apo
- Maria Cristina Falls
- Matangale Alibuag Dive Resort
- Mindanao Civic Center
- Monastery of Transfugaration
- Pineapple Plantation
- RR Spring Resort
- Sunken Cementery
- Tinago Falls
- Waig Crystal Spring Resort
- White Island
- White Water Rafting
EAT & DRINK
- Binaki (Misamis Oriental)
- Bisaya express (Misamis Oriental)
- Chedeng’s Peanuts (Lanao del Norte)
- Hibok-Hibok Express (Camiguin)
- Kinilaw and sinuglaw (Misamis Oriental)
- Kiping (Camiguin)
- Lanzones (Camiguin)
- Latik (Camiguin)
- Lechon de Camiguin (Camiguin)
- Monk’s Blend Coffee (Bukidnon)
- Ngo hiong & lumpia from Shanghai Noodle House (Misamis Occidental)
- Nilabog (Camiguin)
- Ostrich meat (Misamis Oriental)
- Palapa (Lanao del Norte)
- Pastel (Camiguin)
- Piaya de Iligan (Lanao del Norte)
- Pineapple products (Bukidnon)
- Piniato (Camiguin)
- Suka Pinakurat (Lanao del Norte)
- Suman in various flavors (Misamis Occidental)
WHERE TO STAY
Where to Stay in Northern Mindanao Region
Use the following online resources to determine the best place for YOU to stay when visiting the Northern Mindanao region.
Book Online & Save Money
Book your room with these trusted online booking sites. Booking online in the Philippines almost always guarantees the best price and a room when you arrive. We use these sites frequently to get the best prices and enjoy convenient bookings. Click each of the buttons below to find the best place for you at the lowest rates.
EVENTS & FESTIVALS
- Kaamulan Festival
- Lanzones Festival
READ MORE: 17 Regions of the Philippines (with map)