Shopping in Dumaguete doesn’t really equate to big shopping malls carrying various international designer brands.
Money shouldn’t be a problem in Dumaguete considering it’s one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country.
Many banks, ATMs, and Money Changers can be found throughout Dumaguete City.
Credit and debit cards are accepted at most businesses however always be certain carry cash as some businesses and services only accept cash.
Where to Shop
The following are popular places to shop in Dumaguete City:
01 | Robinsons Place Dumaguete
Currently the largest and the first-full service shopping mall not just in Dumaguete but the whole Negros Oriental. Other malls you can go to for food, groceries, and toiletries include CityMall Dumaguete, Robinsons Townville, Ever Mall, and Lee Super Plaza (oldest mall in Dumaguete).
02 | Handumanan Souvenir Shop
One of the oldest shops in the city, Handumanan sells different kinds of souvenir items such as shirts, keychains, penholders and the likes.
03 | Negros Oriental Arts and Heritage
If you want to bring home a piece of Negros Oriental, this is the place to be. It carries high quality and finely crafted ornaments and usable items for homes such as boxes, candle holders, dining ware, fashion items, vases, and a lot more. These items could be made of gemstones like agate, jade, jasper, onyx, as well as mountain stone, petrified wood, river stones, and sea shells.
What to Buy
The following are popular local products to purchase while in Dumaguete City:
01 | Woven products
You will find different kinds of woven products – from mats to bags, produced by the people in the town of Siaton.
DON’T FORGET …
Booking and making purchases online almost always saves time and money.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE GUIDE
You May Also Like:
- Destination: Dumaguete City
- Complete Guide to Dumaguete City
- Dumaguete City: Getting Here & Away
- Dumaguete City: Getting Around using Local Transportation
- Dumaguete City: Top 10 Things to See & Do
- Dumaguete City: Where to Stay & Sleep
- Dumaguete City: Where & What to Eat & Drink
- Dumaguete City: Best Entertainment & Nightlife
- Shopping in Dumaguete: What & Where to Buy
- Photos & Videos to Inspire You to Go to Dumaguete City
- Dumaguete City: Travel Tips & Hacks
- Dumaguete City: Suggested Itinerary & Budget
- Trip Report: 7-Days in Dumaguete City